Rise Together, Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, evenko and L’Équipe Spectra’s fundraising initiative starts with $66,340 from first round of auctions. The effort looks to build with additions to next phase.
New available experiences include playing paintball with Gallagher and Lehkonen, and getting married at center ice with Michel Lacroix as your officiant
- Two weeks after the launch of the Rise Together initiative, the fundraiser to support frontline healthcare workers and those impacted by COVID-1, the Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, evenko and L’Équipe Spectra have raised $66,340 with the first round of auction prizes. Travelling on the Canadiens’ team charter with the players to an Original Six road game, the most coveted item since the launch, contributed raising close to $25,000 alone. As of today, a whole new list of sweepstakes in which to participate and auctions on which to bid are listed online at canadiens.com/risetogether.
Proceeds from the sweepstakes and auctions will go to Centraide and will also be used to provide meals, prepared by chefs and restaurant staff at the Bell Centre, to frontline healthcare workers in certain residential and long-term care centres (CHSLD) located in the greater Montreal area.
Second wave of once-in-a-lifetime sweepstakes and auctions
As the first wave of sweepstakes and auctions closed last night, participants can now find a new list of prizes online. Options include:
- Playing paintball with Brendan Gallagher and Artturi Lehkonen;
- A private skating session with Max Domi;
- A round of golf with Alex Burrows and Alex Belzile;
- Getting married at center ice, Habs-style with Michel Lacroix serving as your officiant;
- A virtual cooking class with renowned Chef Chuck Hughes, who's behind the food for artists and guests in OSHEAGA’s Artist World ; and
- Dining with Philippe Bond prior to attending his show in the front row seat.
“We are thrilled that our players, and Philippe Bond and Chuck Hughes, decided to join us in this project and to offer these out-of-the-ordinary experiences to raise funds for the cause” said France Margaret Bélanger, Chief Commercial Officer, Groupe CH (Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, evenko and L’Équipe Spectra).
Please note that all participants in the sweepstakes and auctions must be 18+ years of age. Winners and their guests, if applicable, are responsible for their travel expenses, to and from the location of the experience, as the case may be.
More information about Centraide of Greater Montreal’s COVID-19 Emergency Fund can be found at centraide-mtl.org/en/covid-19/emergency-fund.