We have just received word that SPVM spokesperson Insp. André Durocher - the perfectly bilingual and highly regarded public face of the police by both anglophones and francophones - has been reassigned to the Quebec Association of Police Chiefs by Montreal police Chief Sylvain Caron. This comes at a time when the SPVM is engaging in bridge-building efforts with minority communities who had the utmost trust in Insp. Durocher. Seasoned observers throughout the city have questioned how this was not considered by Chief Caron at such a critical time in relations between Montrealers and the police department. They point out that Durocher was not only superbly connected and trusted by minority communities but had a unique knowledge of the streets of Montreal. Chief Caron it must be remembered came from the SQ and speaks only French. At the time of his appointment Mayor Plante casually dismissed concerns on his lack of English. This in spite of the fact that the island of Montreal is 50.3% non-francophone de souche. This is a developing story.
- Perfect stretch of fall weather ahead for Montreal
- Entertainment: Indians On Vacation
- Driving WIth Miranda: Episdode 7- Chevy Colorado
- Cohen in the City: Episode 23 -Patient Perspectives & Preferences on IBD Care
- Mandi Robertson: Heart Warming Wines to Welcome Fall
- Entertainment: The previously untold origins of Olaf are revealed in the new short "Once Upon A Snowman"
- UAE’s Chief Rabbi Yehuda Sarna: The pride of Montreal’s Jewish Community
- Quebec government Bill 40 appeal defeated
- The life story of hockey legend Guy Lafleur to hit the big screen
- Three indicators that show COVID-19 restrictions may have long-term effect on kids: Big Brothers Big Sisters of West Island
- West End,West Island stats show few new Covid infections
- Urban forest "worth its weight in gold"
- Joel Goldenberg: Free Feel Flows!
- Restaurateur and community leader Joe Cheaib left us way too soon
- Despite COVID ShofarMontreal.com ensures that one Jewish New Year tradition remains intact
- Recipe: Classic beef stew
- Cohen in the CIty Episode 21:Businessman and philanthropist Mitch Garber
- Suddenly available parking spots at Carrefour Laval boosts restaurants