Hampstead councillor Harvey Shaffer presented the latest town Public Security statistics for the month of March, during the April council meeting.
They include calls to Public Security involving:
• Twenty-seven burglar alarms going off, compared to 20 in January and 19 in February.
• Three complaints regarding construction, compared to none in January and one in February.
• One fire alarm or call.
• One gas leak.
• Sixteen miscellaneous calls, compared to 13 in January and 47 in February.
• Five vehicle accidents, compared to one in January and three in February.
• Three noise complaints, compared to one each in January and February.
• Ten open garage doors, compared to three in January and six in February.
As well, in terms of criminality and infractions:
• There was one break and enter in March, and three in January.
• Two hundred and forty-one tickets were issued in March, compared to 140 at the same time last year and 62 in 2017.