This nutritious and simple 10 minute vegetarian dish is my grandmother’s fall recipe. It’s very healthy, low calorie and emphasizes the flavour of pumpkin. Give it a try and it will be one of your favourite go-to recipes.
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1 Onion sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilly Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro to Season
- Heat the oil in a wok/pan over medium heat, add mustard and cumin seeds. When they crackle add sliced onion, turmeric, chilly powder and fry on low heat for 1 min or until chilly powder changes to dark red colour and onions are golden brown.
- Add Pumpkin, salt and garam masala powder and mix them well and put a lid on the pan for pumpkin to cook on low heat for 10 min. stirring after 5 min.
- Remove the lid mix it well.
- Garnish it with fresh cilantro leaves (optional).
Enjoy it with chapatti, naan, any bread or rice. It is great for making wraps by using mayo, lettuce and tomato.
Pumpkin is very good source of fibre, vitamin A and zinc.
It is good for cholesterol and heart health.
Boosts mood and has Potassium for refuelling.