In celebration of the company’s 23rd annual Community Partnership Day, close to 400 Novartis Canada associates joined their colleagues around the world to give back to their communities. Overall, Novartis associates across six continents and 53 countries are supporting local non-profit organizations, representing more than 100,000 hours of combined community service.
- Close to 400 Novartis Canada associates volunteered their time for various activities and projects around Quebec
- Community Partnership Day symbolizes the company’s commitment to return more to society and make a difference in the communities where associates live and work
- This year, Novartis associates from 53 countries are participating in the company’s 23rd annual Community Partnership Day
“Community Partnership Day is a great opportunity for us to give back”, said Christian Macher, newly-appointed President of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. “I am very proud to kick off one of my first days as President supporting the communities where we live and work. Together with all Novartis associates, I feel privileged to volunteer for these invaluable organizations and to participate in this inspiring day.”
Kathleen Greenfield, Coordinator of Community Relations for Volunteer West Island (VWI) helps Novartis organize the day for Dorval-based associates through the VWI Corporate Volunteer Program. “Novartis employees often return on their own to volunteer with the groups they first get to know through Community Partnership Day. They also encourage their friends and even their children,” she said. “The groups eagerly welcome back the teams from Novartis and are very appreciative of their help.”
In the Montreal area, associates volunteered in a number of ways including cleaning, cooking and food prep, gardening, and yardwork with 11 organizations across the city, including:
- Héritage Laurentien
- Le Nichoir
- Omega Community Resources.
- Salvation Army
- Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre
- Welcome Hall Mission
- West Island Cancer Wellness Centre
Sandoz associates in Boucherville will be working on projects with several organizations in the South Shore area of Montreal throughout the year including l’École secondaire de Mortagne and la Source Bleue de Boucherville.
—Novartis in Canada, www.novartis.ca.
—Sandoz in Canada, www.sandoz.ca