Try your hand at making these wholesome, healthy snacks.
5 organic eggs
2 ½ cups (625ml) of organic spelled flour
1 teaspoon (5ml) baking soda
1 teaspoon (5ml) clove
1 teaspoon (5ml) cinnamon
2 cups (500ml) chopped pitted dates
1 cup (250ml) coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup (250ml) coarsely chopped almonds
1 cup (250ml) of unpasteurized honey
1 cup (250ml) of sucanat
1/2 cup (125ml) of cooled coffee or organic juice
1/4 cup (65ml) organic soya or sunflower oil
1 tablespoon (15ml) plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, dates, walnuts and almonds.
- In another bowl, combine the honey and the sucanat. Add egg yolks and mix well. Then add the coffee (or juice), oil and yogurt. Mix well.
- Incorporate the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs white in firm snow and add to the dough mixture.
- Pour dough into two pre-greased bread pans of about 4.5 X 10 inches (10cm X 25cm). Bake for about 60 minutes or until the blade of a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing about 1 inch (2cm). By drying, the slices become sweeter and have a texture that has the advantage of not crumbling. In the open air, they are consumed as such or soaked hot tea.
- These bars can be stored without refrigeration.
Josée D'amour, ND.A.
All rights reserved
TAU wants to be your partner in turning your health around. At TAU, we are attentive to your needs. TAU will accompany you in your approach and you will discover a variety of products and health food sources. Moreover, in TAU, you can still enjoy the sound advice of our naturopaths and our natural health counselors.