Deliciously crispy, tender buttermilk waffles with ham and cheddar cheese. With maple syrup pools in every pocket, they're the perfect sweet-savoury combo.
8 oz 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp coarse salt
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups buttermilk
6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 cup unpacked grated Grimm’s Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 cup diced Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Half
- In a large bowl, whisk flour with baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs, then whisk in buttermilk and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour bowl, and use a very light hand to gently mix.
- When the ingredients about 80% combined, fold in the cheese and ham, being careful not to over-mix as waffles can become tough.
- Scoop about ¾ cup of the batter into a waffle iron (or per your waffle iron’s instructions) and cook until golden and crisp for about 3 minutes.
- Cook to order, or keep them warm in a 200ºF oven until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of foodess